- It is recommended to keep total request header size under +/- 1400 bytes (in most cases smaller than 1460 bytes). Think about MTU in order to efficiently exploit network packet size limitations! The idea is to squeeze entire request into single network packet.
- Usually, the longest fields are either "User-agent" or "Referer".
- Sometimes, "Cookie" header string value lenght may be 500 or even more bytes long.
- Official Hypertext Transfer Protocol - HTTP/1.1 site.
- Official Request Headers in the HTTP protocol site.
Server date / time
Urih service usage
SilverBench · This is great benchmark!